Everyone must have this blog post, or at least, anyone who’s dorm-ed in college. Not everyone’s lucky to be showered with a wonderful roommate. I have two at the moment, and to be honest, one of them’s pretty awesome, the other one, though, has caused me and my family a bit of trouble. We were already talking about rooming together back then, and when my family paid for the condo rent and deposit, she backed out, which made our other prospective roommate back out, too. I talked to her and she told me she didn’t like it that I was making decisions all by myself, and all I could think about was that she would never pay for the rent or the deposit herself! Besides, the condo was a pretty good deal, it was new, and it was the best in the vicinity.
In the end, she decided to room with me anyway. WTF.
I still have seven to eight months with her, and I wish that if I ever had to look back at this post, I’d just laugh at it and think very differently.
For now, she can be annoying. Not as hell, but annoying. She’s not the leech queen, but she’s a faithful soldier.
- She doesn’t do her own dishes.
- Her period blood literally spilt on our sheets.
- She didn’t bring her mattress on our first day because she was thinking of leeching on mine, because she thought I wasn’t sleeping in yet.
- She got some of my hazelnut spread and told me the morning after.
- She sets her alarm at four in the morning and snoozes until six. (Okay, an exaggeration, but you get my point).
- She uses my study table.
- She uses my books.
- She charges her phone on my extension cord.
- She didn’t want to buy her own mobile wifi back then and now she plans on leeching on mine.
Seriously? SERIOUSLY? I wish I didn’t talk to her and convince her to room with me, but back then, we were pretty desperate. My family pretty much panicked because we couldn’t afford to pay the rent all by ourselves. AKA, we really needed my roommates. I wish I just didn’t talk to her in the first place, because now, my best friend from high school just got accepted into the hospital we live near in, and I JUST LET GO OF THE CHANCE TO BE ROOMMATES WITH MY BEST FRIEND FOR THE LEECH SOLDIER.
Great. Just great.